I’ve recently released my two Riyria Chronicle books, The Crown Tower (Aug 6) and The Rose and the Thorn (Sep 17). With that behind me it’s time to turn my attention to my next project: Hollow World!
Looking back, I can’t believe that the last time I posted to this blog was when the Kickstarter was still running. So much has happened since then. Today’s post will be a quick summary to catch everyone up so going forward I can be a little more current with what is going on. So let’s go.
- The Kickstarter ended in an amazing success at over 1000% of goal! There were some “back door contributions” for people who “just missed” so that more than 875 people got in on the fun raising more than $31,000.
- Betsy and two copy editors did an exceptional job with the editing and I’m really please with how it came out.
- Ebooks were sent out at the end of July to the eligible Kickstarter contributors
- Screen savers and short stories went out in August
- Books started shipping in September and they are almost all out. Hopefully this will be wrapped up in a few days.
- I sold the print rights to Tachyon Publication – which is great because paper readers will be able to get the books in their local bookstores or libraries. As few authors get the coveted “print-only deal” this was a big thing for me.
- I sold the audio rights to Recorded Books who have done such an amazing job with the Riyria Revelations. I can’t wait to hear what this book will sound like
That’s the quick summation that takes us from the last post to here. I’ll flesh out some of these points in more details as we go forward. I’m very excited about Hollow World and I hope you will be too!